Just a wee bit late but here we go. Week 4:
Monday: red denim skirt and sparkly silver rayon top, plus me-made red bracelets.
Tuesday: white denim skirt, red rayon top, and me-made bracelets, earrings, and necklace.
On Wednesday, I drove out early in the morning to see my husband who had been gone the previous four weeks. I have an ugly hotel mirror shot which I won’t post but I was wearing the black denim skirt and the black/gray/red rayon print top. The next day, I had planned to go back to taking pictures but after the second day of driving, all I wanted was to be with my husband. Pictures were just not a priority. We spent a glorious long weekend at the beach and then he had to go back to his school and I had to drive two days to get home. And then it was June.
- I like the clothes I made and enjoy wearing them. They make me feel like me. This is a great thing.
- I have a nice core wardrobe of summer casual clothes. It’s been close to a decade since I had that.
- I like wearing jewelry I made. It doesn’t matter if no one knows I made it. I know and it’s a fabulous feeling.
- I need a routine. I’ve always known I liked a routine but it finally dawned on me last week that I really need it to function best. It’s almost amazing just how much goes right out the window when I’m in transition, whether it’s moving from one country to another or simply traveling. Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, I suppose.
- Daily pictures are good but they are not necessary. I wore my SWAP wardrobe for the whole month of May and have continued to wear it now in June. Nice comfortable clothes will get worn, pictures or no pictures.
Participating in Me-Made-May was fun. Thank you, Zoe, for organizing it. I am hoping to figure out a similar cool-weather wardrobe soon so that I am ready when fall comes.
See you soon!